Hi, I'm Torunn,
creative product designer and coder
I believe the intersection of design and data is where the the magic happens to solve customer problems and drive meaningful business results.
Over the past 8 years I've led mission-critical product design and research projects at Stitch Fix, working with executives to define business strategy as an individual contributor.
Before that I've been designing products for a variety of start-ups e.g Givey and led design teams at agencies.
Don't just take my word for it though..
Torunn is expert at problem solving using research and data, always seeking to better understand our clients and our business to deliver solutions that solve real problems, and have demonstrated significant business impact.
Vice president, Product Design
The speed at which she's able to go from idea to sketch, design and prototype to put in the hands of users is truly impressive
Every time she does a usability movie night or similar presentation, it's always so enlightening for people inside and outside of product design.
Despite the fact that the team and leadership were happy with the first concept, she pushed the team to think more broadly. This inspired truly 'Northstar' ideas and concepts
Vice president, Product
Torunn is a great addition to any team. Her UX concepts have been instrumental in redefining the online strategy for all projects. I would certainly re-hire her again if the opportunity ever arose.
Head of Creative Technology at Sky
Torunn stands out because she has excellent design sense, she works very quickly, proactively and efficiently and she's amiable and works well with people.
Founder of Thinking Digital
She is quite frankly a machine!! A two man workstation doing all the designs and front end code reducing communication issues and hassle factor for everyone.
CEO of Givey
Torunn was a joy to work with. She had fantastic, creative ideas. Torunn is one of the best front-end developers I have ever worked with.
Principal Engineer at Stitch Fix
If it didn't cause a maelstrom of issues for all concerned, I'd probably marry @fuselagetown after today.
Director at Ignite100
Torunn's strategic approach to UX and design was a winner from day one. She quickly and elegantly improved the overall product design by focusing on the primary wants and needs of users.
CMO at Givey
What do I do?
Strategy and innovation
- Triangulate qual and quant research to identify and frame client problems
- Define which client-centric solutions to pursue with the highest potential business impact
- Break the problem down and prioritize for design and other functions (eg. copy, creative curation, engineering, data science)
- Identify where teams can push themselves to truly explore what's possible
- Facilitate cross-functional workshop (eg design sprints, roadmap planning)
Delivery and execution
- Deliver high results that drive business value and industry recognition
- Execute extremely fast
- Judge what's 'just enough fidelity' deliverables
- Pioneer innovative research approaches with realistic prototypes with live, personalized data
Communication and influence
- Communicate well in writing, my design documents and research summaries travel far and wide in the organization
- Present condfidently to any team size; All hands, design critiques, C-suite etc
- Build strong relationships across the organisation to help achieve cross-functional alignment
- Get industry recognition from speaking and being interviewed in the media
- Recruit top talent / key member of the team hiring panel
I am also
- Amiable and a good team player
- Tool agnostic; Currently I use google docs, Figma and Jekyll for prototyping
- Experienced in working in agile environments / pods
- Endlessly enthusiastic about new products and apps
Let's create great experiences together!
I'm open for anything that's creative and innovative. Is that your business or product? I'd love to hear about it - email me.